How to Reset Cartridge Error (E5) Canon Pixma MP145, MP160, MP180, MP190
Take some of these steps:
- Unplug the power cord from the power grid.
- Press the On / Off power button.
- Input power cable, power button keep on press.
- Press the reset button 1x, release the power button, press reset button again until the screen is switched to “0”.
- Press the + button to change “0” to “1”.
- Put the paper and press the power button / start button until the printer prints 1 page.
- Open / lift the printer cover (scanner).
- Unplug the power cord.
- Free 40 and 41 cartridges as well as cover the printer again.
- Reuse the power cable and press the power button.
- Open the printer cover (scaner).
- Input return 40 and 41 cartridges.
If some of the above steps are done correctly so you will not see E5 message once again.